Welcome to Our Site
Pets by the thousands are being left homeless for a wide variety of reasons. We do not judge how these adorable and deserving souls get into our arms, just that we welcome them. Our commitment is to find them loving and lasting forever homes using the most responsible and safe rescue means possible.
A California 501 (c)3 non profit charity
Forgotten Paws Animal Rescue
The “Rights of the Rescued”
1) No further harm, endangerment or imminent risk while in rescue care
2) Immediate provision of qualified veterinary care proportional to risk and disease presented at time of rescue
3) Bathed and groomed at the earliest opportunity and as needed, with minimum twice daily feedings of appropriate food for the age, breed & health
4) Easy access to clean water, kept in sanitized area with regular removal and cleaning of excrement and urine soaked areas
5) Daily walks with a minimum 60 minutes outside a cage every 24 hours featuring attentive human contact and play
6) Transport arrangements in keeping with the animal’s welfare and safety as paramount considerations in planning & execution
7) Spay or neuter and micro-chip with updated and correct paper work following each relocation until final adoption
8) Adoption home screening for safe, relevant and appropriate placement with the animal’s welfare a first consideration9) Rescue group is a forever God-parent with unconditional “open arms” to receive the adopted anytime should they be subsequently abandoned, neglected, maliciously treated, injured or suddenly unwanted.